how to get started???

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
oarthus

how to get started???

Post by oarthus »

Hello

I am lost, and I have not even started using iCompta...
I only have the iphone version.
So first thing I thought I should do, is to set up my accounts, and have iCompta get the transactions from my banks (as they are listed for automatic download).
So I create an account, and in the "pre-settings field field" (or whatever it's called I'm using the french version and it says préreglages), I select my bank (Société Générale and Boursorama).
Then very strange I'm not asked for my account login and password!!! I don't see any field for this..

Then I don't even know how to download transactions for this bank (user guide says "touch the download button", hmm really? but where / what is the download button, not really obvious, a screen shot would help)

Alternatively if rather than selecting the automatic mode for the set up if I choose to enter the ofx server info it seems to ask for log in and password, which seems better, except that I don't have the OFX server address!!!

So does it really take a PHD to get started with this thing?

Thanks

Olivier
oarthus

Re: how to get started???

Post by oarthus »

ok, after reading again the user guide, I see the mistake: only few banks offer automatic OFX
Sorry, but it is misleadin, as there is a full list of French banks, and one assumes this is the list of supported banks, but no, only the small web icon shows support...
Even more misleading, you can select the bank on the iPhone in the auto config section.... that is more than misleading....

Then I tried to enter transactions with the web server, manually.
For Societe Generale after logging into my account, it says access denied...

very nice...

HOw do I get this thing to work, now that I have paid for it...
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: how to get started???

Post by Angeman »

First, it might be easier for you to go to the french forum.
I have never heard of any problem with Societe Generale so it should be working with the embedded browser.
Otherwise you can download your transactions on your PC and import them using the import server.