Improvement proposal

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
nekura

Improvement proposal

Post by nekura »

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the outstanding quality of the iCompta / iComptaMobile tandem. It really provides the perfect solution for all my needs for personal budget.

I would like to submit a suggestion for a small improvement. I mainly use iComptaMobile for input of my credit-card expenses on the fly, and then synchronize periodically with iCompta to reconcile with my bank statement. I also do make an extensive use of categories and persons to keep track of where my money goes and which part of it is split with my girlfriend. However, when entering transactions on the iPhone, it is a little bit tedious to specify categories and persons, since you have to go through the following steps:

1. Create a new transaction, fill all fields and save
2. Open the newly created transaction, tap modify
3. Select "add a category" and pick the right one from the list
4. Select the category again, delete percentage information and replace with appropriate value, validate
5. Select "add a person" and pick the right one from the list
6. Select the person again, delete percentage information and replace with appropriate value, validate
7. Save

It would help a lot to have a more streamlined way of entering such information, by:
- Having the possibility to enter it directly in the transaction creation screen
- Being able to select in one single screen a category/person to add, and to specify the desired % / amount
I do not know if the 2nd point is easy to realize using the iPhone SDK, but I believe the 1st one should be technically feasible.

Is it something that could be considered? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Frederic
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Improvement proposal

Post by Angeman »

Sure, I have planned to make operation creation easier and faster in version 2.