create a budget

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
kermit

create a budget

Post by kermit » 13 March 2017, 17:36

Hi
I just downloaded iCompta6 the other day - it looks great and finally I found an app that has the options I want.
However I do have a problem with setting up a budget.
eg I have the budget "living", included I have several categories like grocery, eating out, books, etc.etc. now I don't want to set up a budget for each category seperatly but just one overall budget for "living" (but still I want to have the transactions in the different categories so I can see where I spend the money) - somehow I haven't found out how to do this. Would really appreciate it if you could explain me how to do it.

Thanks
Kermit

Angeman
Administrateur

Re: create a budget

Post by Angeman » 13 March 2017, 20:14

You can do it by making a parent category Living and making Grocery, Eating out, Books subcategories of Living. Then you'll be able to set a budget for Living category.

kermit

Post by kermit » 13 March 2017, 20:57

Hello Angeman,
thanks for the reply - I was looking for something like subcategories but couldn't find it. How/Where do I define a category as parent category?

Thanks

Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman » 13 March 2017, 21:48

To put a subcategory in a category, you have to drag the subcategory under the parent category (or one of its subcategories) when the parent category is open (the triangle is facing down).