Local Netwrok Sync?

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
romad

Local Netwrok Sync?

Post by romad »

iMac is running iComptaMac 4 and iPhone is running iComptaiOS 3. Both are on my local network. However when I click on the icon, iCompta 4 does not find iCompta 3 on my iPhone. This is an initial sync so I can get my data copied over from the Mac to the iPhone. How do I get it to work?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Local Netwrok Sync?

Post by Angeman »

You can't sync between version 4 on OS X and version 3 on iOS. You need to have version 4 on OS X and version 2 on iOS, or version 5 on OS X and version 3 on iOS.
romad

Post by romad »

That is strange because when I went to the App Store, it said I should use iCompta 3 if I had iOS 6 or above (I have iOS 8 on my iPhone 6). I also looked down in the Information section where the Compatibility requirements are listed and it did not say that iCompta 3 for iOS required iCompta 5 for Mac. May I suggest that these requirements be listed for the apps?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It's already written in the App Store description of both apps.
romad

Post by romad »

Actually while the description for iOS iCompta 3 says it has synchronization with Mac iCompta 5, it does not specifically state it is ONLY with Mac iCompta 5 thus implying it works with Mac iCompta 4. Because of that, I went down to the section where the minimum requirements are listed to see if Mac iCompta 5 was the minimum but there wasn't any version listed as a requirement. It is due to that confusion I suggested a clearer statement as to the minimum version of the Mac iCompta be listed in the requirements area. Hey, at least you get $5.59 instead of only $2.09 for my purchase! :mrgreen:
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can get a refund for the extra purchase, just send an email to Apple stating that you purchased iCompta 3 by mistake and they'll do it shortly.
romad

Post by romad »

Nah, I figure you can use the money to help improve iCompta. :mrgreen:
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Ok thanks then :-)