Not syncing with iCloud

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
TimC

Not syncing with iCloud

Post by TimC »

I am using iCompta on my Mac and on my iPhone & iPad and I have never been able to sync over iCloud. On the Mac I have checked the box for iCloud sync and then after reloading iCompta on my devices, I open a new database from iCloud and it works first time. After that it never updates either device either way. I have updated to ios 8 on my devices, put Yosemite on my mac updated to iCloud drive and reloaded software on my devices and the initial sync works but no sync after that. I think iCompta is great but I would like the sync to work. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!! :(
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Not syncing with iCloud

Post by Angeman »

Do you hit "Save" button on the iPhone / iPad after having done your changes ? Same thing on the Mac you need to click on File > Save menu item in order to start sending the data to iCloud.
TimC

Post by TimC »

Yes I have saved on all of them. I've tried a few test transactions again today and it seems to be working, but only if I close the software on each computer and device and reopen them. Except the last change on my Mac I changed a transaction from £2505.00 to £200, on my iPhone it worked but in the transition window on the iPad it still showed £2505. When I picked the vertical bar on the far left of the line, £200 appeared below the £2505.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It seems iCloud in not working properly since iCloud drive migration, I've asked Apple technical support about it and we'll see what they answer.
TimC

Post by TimC »

After upgrading to iOS8.1 and a few app updates, all seems to be working like magic. Thanks for your help. Great suite of applications. Kind regards Tim
Torakikiii

Post by Torakikiii »

In my case if I use Touch ID for unlocking my iCompta the Sync starts (I see the spinning icon) but never completes.
If I rather decide to type in the password everything works smoothly.

I'm puzzled. iPhone 5s / iOs 8.1.1

ps. happy new year!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Someone in the French forum is having the same issue and I have absolutely no idea why… Looks like a system bug.