iCompta 2 and iOS8

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
ijosef

iCompta 2 and iOS8

Post by ijosef »

Hi, can you please fix the older iCompta for iOS8? It crashes on start every time. I am sure a lot of people is still using it.

If this won't be possible, is there a way to export data from it, for import to iCompta 3? (I bought it some time ago, but didn't like it (even after the last big update) - it's slow on my iPad mini)

Thank you very much.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iCompta 2 and iOS8

Post by Angeman »

This is a crash which occurs only on iPad (not on iPhone) and I hope Apple will fix it in iOS 8.0.1 so you should wait for the next update.

Otherwise, to get your data you need to do the following :
- open iTunes on your computer and make a backup of your iPad
- then you have to download an app that can read iTunes backups like this one for example
- with this app you can open the backup you just made and you can search your accounts file within iCompta app data (the name of the file ends with .compta)
- if you manage to get your .compta file then you can open it with version 3 as explained here at the very bottom
sadbttru

Post by sadbttru »

hello,

i just updated to ios 8 and do not have a computer. I have an ipad and iphone 5. I am installing icompta2 on my iphone now and i have installed icompta 3 on my ipad. Can i get my information from v2 on my ipad to v2 on my iphone so that i can get v3 working on my ipad. hope you get that!

i have been using and loving v2 bought 3 as well and can not figure it out
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You have to wait until 8.0.1 is out so that iCompta can run on your iPad again, or you can do what I describe above to get your accounts file now.
sadbttru

Post by sadbttru »

ouch!! i use the v2 everyday... it will be a long time for ios 8.1... and i dont have a computer only ipad and iphone!!

any other possiblities?

thanks
sadbttru

Post by sadbttru »

i keep trying to launch v2 hoping that itis going to snap out of it and run!
jamesls12

Post by jamesls12 »

I know you're trying to be helpful, but I too have tried iCompta 3 and didn't get on with it, and waiting for another iOS update seems longwinded. Surely, in line with other app developers you should be updating your app to work? My "updates" section in the App Store is full of updates "to ensure iOS8 compatibility"!
James
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I am working to make a workaround but I think this is Apple's responsibility to ensure compatibility with older public system APIs. Moreover it still works on iPhone.
If I have to make an update (which of course I will if Apple doesn't take care of this issue) then I have to build iCompta 2 with iOS 8 APIs and that would introduce a lot more of compatibility issues which I would have to track down and fix.
sadbttru

Post by sadbttru »

I have put v2 on my phone but i can not get all my account info and more importantly i cant see all my upcoming bills, i did away with paper for a long time now, since getting v2. I would appreciate anything that can be done to get me up and running. i have even thought about somehow reverting to ios7 but dont know if it would keep my data.

if i could even see my bills i could sort through figuring out v3, but i could not even enter the web address for my bank and get it to work! just showed up "greyed" out
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Please be patient and don't try to revert anything or you could lose your data. Either iOS 8.0.1 will solve the problem or I will make an update if it doesn't.