going back to iCompta 2!!

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
iankingston

going back to iCompta 2!!

Post by iankingston »

Reconciliation, Scheduler and ease of use

I run a separate accounts package on my Mac and have double checked my entries, iCompta 3 cannot get the reconciliation of accounts right, always putting in entries to make up the statement amount which never agrees with the correct entry on my Mac accounts. The result is that my iCompta accounts are slowly degrading in accuracy to the point where I have made the decision to go back to Version 2.
iCompta 3 I find has become too cumbersome for what are simple transaction inputs also - there is just too much information on the page.
Also the Scheduler which I have had set up and running for some months now has missed out all the automatic transactions for January? It is indicating the next direct debits will be added in February, nothing I did could make the individual entries add the January entries so I have ended up manually entering all the automatically scheduled entires for January....Its just too many errors.
Can I export back to V2 from V3?
Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: going back to iCompta 2!!

Post by Angeman »

iankingston wrote:I run a separate accounts package on my Mac and have double checked my entries, iCompta 3 cannot get the reconciliation of accounts right, always putting in entries to make up the statement amount which never agrees with the correct entry on my Mac accounts.
I don't understand what you are doing, are you doing bank statement reconciliation on Mac and also on iPhone ? What entries are added exactly ? Can you give me an example ?
iankingston wrote:Also the Scheduler which I have had set up and running for some months now has missed out all the automatic transactions for January? It is indicating the next direct debits will be added in February, nothing I did could make the individual entries add the January entries so I have ended up manually entering all the automatically scheduled entires for January....Its just too many errors.
The scheduler always shows the date of the next transaction so it's normal it says "February" if the transactions were at the beginning of the month.
The real transactions are directly in the list of transactions of their account and are shown in gray.
iankingston wrote:Can I export back to V2 from V3?
You can't do it on the iPhone but you can do it on the Mac : File > Export in older format menu item.
iankingston

Post by iankingston »

The reason I mention the different and separate accounts package on my Mac is because I use iCompta 3 ONLY on my iPad so I have my accounts when I am away. I use both as a double check of accuracy of each App. That's all, I do not use iCompta on my Mac or iPhone,

Scheduler

3/4 of all my scheduled transactions were not carried out in January. The scheduler, at the end of December skipped straight to February for these separate direct debit monthly scheduled entries. I have now had to enter them manually for January, the scheduler shows they will next be done in February? A bug?

Reconciliation

I carry out the same bank statement/credit card reconciliation on my separate Mac accounts package and iCompta - in iCompta the reconciliation of all my accounts has slowly become unstable, all the entries are on there but the reconciliation amount becomes different and iCompta makes an adjustment which then makes the account total inaccurate. I delete the reconciliation adjustment made by iCompta to get back to the correct total of the particular account but now I will never get an accurate reconciliation amount and I always get an automatic adjustment which I then have to delete. This means the reconciliation is getting slowly worse with every statement reconciliation!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I'm sorry I really don't understand what you're doing especially when you say "reconciliation amount becomes different" and I don't know which adjustment made by iCompta you are referring to. iCompta is not creating "adjustment" transactions without asking you first so again I don't understand.
English is not my mother language so perhaps it's just me not getting it and I apologize for that.

To get back to your initial question, you can save a backup by email from iCompta 3 by going on the web server line. Then open this file on the Mac and click on File > Export in older format to get iCompta 2 compatible document that you will be able to restore on your iPad after you download iCompta 2.
iankingston

Post by iankingston »

Ok, thanks