Some clarification for a newbie

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
jredutto

Some clarification for a newbie

Post by jredutto »

Hallo,
i've bought Icompta 3 for Ipad and I've tried to use it but there are some initial steps that are stopping my work can you please help me ? sorry if the questions are many but I've tried to read forum and help (spent about three hours) and I have as well doubts

1) There's no field where insert the amount of initial balance for Bank account and cash account (the first time using the app I need to insert the actual statement); I've tried to insert a first transaction not real, but It makes both account as negative (I've checked do not include in budgets , in reports and when computing the average balance of the account voices ma It seems is not the right way beacuse the account shown are negative and red).

2) what's the meaning for transaction: Created, cleared, locked and canceled ?

3) what is the right step to manage the below reported situation (sorry I'm not a financial expert to know the right way to manage compensation through the different accounts):
I have A bank account, a credit card account, a cash account; (i have a debt card too, used to buy in the shops or take cash from bank cash dispenser).

3a) Purchase made with credit card ( I want track manually each expense made with credit card for statistic purpose using categories and expense owner); in this case I have insert in credit card account the transaction (for examples restaurant bill) and link to the bank account ? Using this method results that the bank account received the money from credit card account that's wrong (if i go in bank account a change in debt status the transaction linked is wrong as well because both are sum in the balance having a double debt); what's the right way to manage movement from credit card and bank account ?
3b) Is there any account to manage the debt card ? in case not:
3b1) Is correct to make a transaction that transfer money from bank to cash account when I take money from a cash dispenser ? if not can you please explain the right method ?
3b2) Is correct make a direct transaction from bank account when i use a debt card to pay something, for example buying somethin form a shop ? if not can you please explain the right method ?

I hope this simple explanation will let me start using Icompta asap :-)

in the future will be appreciate for new users have a real manual that explain not only the single field and type of use, but a sort of explanation how to use the app in the "real world" with example or best practice for daily and basics need as mine (I think let you save time in answer to this kind of help request :-) )

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

Jannes Redutto
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Some clarification for a newbie

Post by Angeman »

jredutto wrote:1) There's no field where insert the amount of initial balance for Bank account and cash account (the first time using the app I need to insert the actual statement); I've tried to insert a first transaction not real, but It makes both account as negative (I've checked do not include in budgets , in reports and when computing the average balance of the account voices ma It seems is not the right way beacuse the account shown are negative and red).
Just create an "Initial balance" transaction and enter a positive or negative amount like any other transaction.
jredutto wrote:2) what's the meaning for transaction: Created, cleared, locked and canceled ?
This is explained here : http://www.icompta-app.com/help.php?sys ... nciliation
jredutto wrote:3a) Purchase made with credit card ( I want track manually each expense made with credit card for statistic purpose using categories and expense owner); in this case I have insert in credit card account the transaction (for examples restaurant bill) and link to the bank account ? Using this method results that the bank account received the money from credit card account that's wrong (if i go in bank account a change in debt status the transaction linked is wrong as well because both are sum in the balance having a double debt); what's the right way to manage movement from credit card and bank account ?
It your credit is immediately debited on your account, don't create an credit card account and enter the transactions directly in the bank account and set their type to "Credit Card" for example. Otherwise, if this is debited monthly for example you should set up a credit card account as explained here : http://www.icompta-app.com/help.php?sys ... edit_cards
jredutto wrote:3b1) Is correct to make a transaction that transfer money from bank to cash account when I take money from a cash dispenser ? if not can you please explain the right method ?
Yes it's the right way to do.
jredutto wrote:3b2) Is correct make a direct transaction from bank account when i use a debt card to pay something, for example buying somethin form a shop ? if not can you please explain the right method ?
Yes as this is exactly what I answered above.
jredutto

Post by jredutto »

Hi,

thank you for you promt answer, below some further clarification:

1) What You suggest Is the method that I used, but It seems that impact on the reports/balance, is my hyphotesis correct ? I Woul like have a balance that start with 0 and every week/month look on the trends (positivie or negative); is there any way to tell Icompta not consider this transaction in all statistics, reports, balance, etc ?

2) Read!

3a) Ok It's more clear now; in this case will be possible have reports that will sum all the expenses by category or owners indipendently form the Credit card , cash or bank account ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Jannes Redutto
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

jredutto wrote:1) What You suggest Is the method that I used, but It seems that impact on the reports/balance, is my hyphotesis correct ? I Woul like have a balance that start with 0 and every week/month look on the trends (positivie or negative); is there any way to tell Icompta not consider this transaction in all statistics, reports, balance, etc ?
You can check "Do not include in reports" box under the statistics section of the transaction.
jredutto wrote:3a) Ok It's more clear now; in this case will be possible have reports that will sum all the expenses by category or owners indipendently form the Credit card , cash or bank account ?
Yes you can add a condition in the transactions filter of the report that says "Account is Credit card" for example. So you can 3 different reports for each account if you want.