Some Functionality Thoughts

Discussions about iCompta on iOS
headbirth

Some Functionality Thoughts

Post by headbirth »

Hi, Cyril. Thanks for the recent updates!
Just some continuing thoughts on the iPad version.

• double clicking a transaction should toggle the editing panel on the right. Can't you just have the right panel operate via double clicking an entry and/or a swipe gesture?
• is there any way of selecting one transaction at a time without having to deselect transactions first? In most apps multiple selection is usually done via an Edit Button.
• The Edit Button for transactions seems inappropriate. Dragging left on a transaction should reveal a delete option and if someone wants to reorder the transactions a simple hold and drag seems easier.
• Need to apply specific Rules to selected transactions not all rules. Maybe add an Rule item to the contextual pop up? So when I hold on a selected transaction the popup will show Cut | Copy | Apply Rule | Etc…
• Need Rule action to Modify Split Category Comments not just general comments.
• I find it cumbersome to have to save each entry I make and then save the whole document as we'll. How about just an undo button or gesture instead of the transaction Save and Cancel buttons?

Thanks Again!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Some Functionality Thoughts

Post by Angeman »

headbirth wrote:• double clicking a transaction should toggle the editing panel on the right. Can't you just have the right panel operate via double clicking an entry and/or a swipe gesture?
There will be modifications on the transactions list but I've not decided everything yet.
headbirth wrote:• is there any way of selecting one transaction at a time without having to deselect transactions first? In most apps multiple selection is usually done via an Edit Button.
Currently you can make a long press and click on "Deselect all".
headbirth wrote:• The Edit Button for transactions seems inappropriate. Dragging left on a transaction should reveal a delete option and if someone wants to reorder the transactions a simple hold and drag seems easier.
Hold and drag is not really a standard gesture on the iPad but anyway this screen will be refactored for sure.
headbirth wrote:• Need to apply specific Rules to selected transactions not all rules. Maybe add an Rule item to the contextual pop up? So when I hold on a selected transaction the popup will show Cut | Copy | Apply Rule | Etc…
This will be part of the refactoring as well.
headbirth wrote:• I find it cumbersome to have to save each entry I make and then save the whole document as we'll. How about just an undo button or gesture instead of the transaction Save and Cancel buttons?
There are both currently. It might change in the future as well.
matte.car

Post by matte.car »

Another thing, in previous version was possible to select more than one account clicking on them (maybe due to a bug) and display a list of all transaction in selected account (as in Mac version), now is not possible... why not reimplement it?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It was bothering many people so now you have to toggle a new setting in the settings under the accounts list to be able to select multiple accounts.
matte.car

Post by matte.car »

oops I didn't saw new setting, thank you!!