Budgets

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
CCsMac

Budgets

Post by CCsMac »

Hi there, nice work on this app.
I understand how the Accounts, People and transfers work.
I've read through your online manual but I'm stuck with how to add transactions on a new budget. I've created a new budget - but that's as far as I get. I can allocate accounts to it, but can't click to add a Type (salary, spending, etc)
Any suggestions?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Budgets

Post by Angeman »

You have to create your types first in the "Types & Currencies" window. You can go to that window by clicking on the "Types & Currencies" toobar button in the top of the window.
CCsMac

Post by CCsMac »

Ah yes, that would make sense now wouldn't it? :oops:
Sorry, to have troubled you.
nealebryan

Post by nealebryan »

I too am have a little problem getting the budget to work.

I created a new budget for the account I called "Cash" so that I can track all of my cash transactions. In the budget, I put in all the "types" with the budgeted amounts for the things I am expecting to spend my cash on this month so that I can then track them as I input the debits in the "Cash" account. (this, by the way is in Thai Baht)

So, for an example transaction for the budget I created starting February 1st, I made a type called "cash" that will have a +20,000 Thai Baht. But when I input a +20,000 transaction into the account associated with this budget named "Cash" and assign the type "cash", there seems to be no link between the two, and nothing happens in the budget. The account registers a +20,000 Baht transaction, but the budget still says in the "Income" column: "cash" Income 0.00, Expected 0.00, Budget 0.00 and the progress bar is blank, and there are no corresponding operations in the account.

Sorry if the all of the "cash" names are confusing. The account is named "Cash" for all of my out-of-pocket transactions and I have a type called "cash" to be used whenever I get cash from the bank.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

CCsMac wrote:Ah yes, that would make sense now wouldn't it? :oops:
Sorry, to have troubled you.
No problem ;)
nealebryan wrote:So, for an example transaction for the budget I created starting February 1st, I made a type called "cash" that will have a +20,000 Thai Baht. But when I input a +20,000 transaction into the account associated with this budget named "Cash" and assign the type "cash", there seems to be no link between the two, and nothing happens in the budget. The account registers a +20,000 Baht transaction, but the budget still says in the "Income" column: "cash" Income 0.00, Expected 0.00, Budget 0.00 and the progress bar is blank, and there are no corresponding operations in the account.
What is the date of your transaction ? If it is before February 1st, it won't appear in the February report. If your budget is monthly for example and your transaction is after March 1st, it will appear in March report or a later one.
nealebryan

Post by nealebryan »

I tried changing the dates before posting. The starting date for the budget is Feb. 1 and the transaction date in the account is also Feb 1.

I've provided screenshots if they help any...

(Screenshots deleted)
Last edited by nealebryan on 31 January 2009, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Sorry I forgot to mention this is because all reports starting after today are not shown so you will be able to see it tomorrow.
In the mean time, if you set your budget start date to January 1st and change the date of your transaction to January 29th for example, you will see how it is supposed to look like.
nealebryan

Post by nealebryan »

No, that makes sense too... So it would have changed tomorrow, when it's actually Feb. 1st to show the start of the next month. I understand now.

Thanks so much for the app. I bought the iPhone app as well and am getting a lot of usefulness out of it. Once I get this get this budget thing up and running and give it a go, I'll most def. give you a review over at the iTunes store.