Missing 'expanded' view

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
far-blue

Missing 'expanded' view

Post by far-blue »

With iCompta 4 I realise the expanded view has vanished and I can't find a way to show the per-person breakdown of all my transactions which is going to cause me a big problem. One of my accounts is a joint account which I run on the basis of zero net balance change over each month. Many of the transactions against this account are 'joint' payments for myself and my wife but a number of them are 'owned' by only one of us or where the split is not 50/50. I fully categorise these transactions and record the owner splits and then, at the end of the month, I calculate a per-category total for each person who owes money into the joint account and setup transfers. I do this per-category so that the personal budgets still show correct values. Previously I'd calculate these totals by displaying the 'expanded' view and sorting by category before manually totalling up the expenses per person, per category and cross-checking it with the month statistics. However, this view has now disappeared.

In a perfect world, I'd love iCompta to do these calculations for me and correctly work out who owes what and in which categories but as there is no way to assign category splits on a per-person basis this is not going to be possible. However, at the very least I'd like to be able to see, for a filtered set of transactions, what percentage of the transaction total was assigned to which person.

Does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this or, as an alternative, any suggestions on how I could change my way of using the program that will still give me the budget information I need and a zero-net balance on the 'joint' account?

Thanks!