import comma separated and set debit / credit

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
joerikiekebosch

import comma separated and set debit / credit

Post by joerikiekebosch »

Hello all,

I'm new to iCompta, but I love the potential, although I can't get it working the way I'd like. I have an imported csv file that I want to use for my accounting. The file has a field with D's and C's (debits / credits), but I can't get iCompta to handle these tags. Is there a way (e.g. by setting a rule), so I can set the amounts (in euro) of my data to be a debit or credit value?
If I import the file now, all my data is a Credit (if this was true, I would be somewhere where they don't have internet, a deserted island somewhere). I can't set the amount value to negative and I only can click on the red arrow next to the amount to change the amount. I'd like it to be automaticcally interpreted.

ok, i hope you have the answer,

thanks!

Joeri
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: import comma separated and set debit / credit

Post by Angeman »

Could you post or send me via email an example of your csv file (just a few lines should be enough) ? Thanks
I will add credit and debit import fields as an alternative to the signed amount field.
joerikiekebosch

hey Angeman,

thanks for the fast reply!

"0354584952","EUR",20090107,"D",10.59,"0000000000","PLUS ENSCHEDE ENSCHEDE",20090107,"ba","","Pinautomaat 18:11 pasnr. 009","","","","",""
"0354584952","EUR",20090107,"D",20.00,"0000000000","ABN AMRO BANK ENSCHEDE 7",20090108,"ga","","Geldautomaat 23:02 pasnr. 009","","","","",""

these are two lines I have in my csv file.

I'm dutch, so..
As you can see, the D stands for Debit.

I can get a lot done by the features in the Rules already, but I can't set if my imported 'money' is debit or credit

Thanks!

Joeri
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I can make you an Automator task to run on your file before importing it, it would remove D's and C's and replace them with the signed amount. Would that be OK for you ? Because otherwise it would be very complicated to make it directly in iCompta without messing up the user interface.
joerikiekebosch

yes of course,

but the 'signed amount' you talk about, is it not possible to set it with a rule? So that will be áfter I imported it. I can understand that every bank has it's own csv format for their exports, so that it will be difficult to handle on import, but to sign the amount automatically seems essential to me, or am I totally wrong?
well, an automator script is perfect as well.

thanks again for the fast response!

I will be away for a few hours now, so my response won't be as fast anymore :)

Joeri
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

No it's not as the "D" or "C" information is lost when you arrive to the rules step that's why we have to do it before.
I just need you to give the first lines of your file (the ones with the header) and I'll be ready.
What is the name of your bank ? Maybe other dutch users could use this script as well.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Forget what I just said, I found a much better way of handling this by adding an "amount sign" import field. This will be available in next release.
joerikiekebosch

excellent!

I'm looking forward to it, thanks

Joeri