exclude a category in report

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
zh_olga

exclude a category in report

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Angeman
I need to exclude a category from splits/comparative reports, but no matter how I do a condition it still shows up
Is it possible to show all the categories except for 1 ?

here's how i'm doing my report - which condition do I create and where should it be ?
Attachments
monthly av 2017.jpeg
monthly av 2017.jpeg (112.01 KiB) Viewed 4928 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: exclude a category in report

Post by Angeman »

You need to create a "All of the following is true" condition and put it at the very top. Then add a "The category is not XXX" inside it and finally move your "Any of the following is true" inside it as well.
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Would that be in transactions filter or in splits filter? And why, please
Please explain how it works so next time i wouldn't have to ask but will be able to just create the necessary filter/conditions
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

In the splits filter as it makes more sense.
biff

Post by biff »

I have 93 accounts that I would like to exclude from my comparative report. They all are shown in the Categories list with "[" as the first letter.

In other words I want a report on income/expense categories (e.g. Groceries) without showing the accounts (e.g. [Checking]) they draw from. Is there a simple way to enter such a report condition without having to list 93 separate transaction filters?

Sorry, I just noticed the previous posts in this thread were in the Mac thread. I'm hoping for an answer for the iPad, not the Mac!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes, in the categories list you can create a new [Accounts] category and make all these 93 categories children of this new category. When this is done, you can add a "None of the following is true" condition in your report with "The category is descendant of [Accounts]" inside.
biff

Post by biff »

Brilliant! Thank you.