Loan payments to show up as expenses

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
zh_olga

Loan payments to show up as expenses

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Angeman

As I'm analyzing monthly expenses I noticed that the payments I make to Credit Cards or Car Loans are solely transfers. In my reports excluded all transfers by setting "linked account" to "none". But such reports don't take loan payments into consideration.
With Credit Cards it's kind of OK because you can actually later spend the money you've transferred onto them. The real expense is just the interest you pay. But with car payments it's different.
So how do i treat the transfers to my car loan so that I can still see the balance of how much I own, but have the payments show up as expenses on "monthly expense" comparative report?

I tried to also assign a category to the transfer but expense doesn't show up, since I excluded ALL transfers.
How do I select only SOME transfers to be included in the reports?

Also - if I categorize the outgoing negative transfers - the incoming positive transfers are not actually categorized. Why is that?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Loan payments to show up as expenses

Post by Angeman »

In a comparative report only debits are show by default but you can double click on the report and select "Credits" or "Total" in the "Compare" field to show them.
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Thanks Angeman that's helpful to know
However that wasn't my question

I'm trying to have my transactions in such a way that certain transfers (payments toward a car loan) show up as categorized expenses on comparative or splits report.

I assigned a category to these transfers but expenses don't show up on reports, since I exclude ALL transfers in reports. If I include all transfers my totals and averages are not what I'm looking for.

How do I select only SOME transfers to be included in comparative reports? If I'm creating a report and select "the linked account" to only 1-2 accounts - the report shows ONLY those accounts. What am I missing?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

If I understand it right your splits filter should be :
- Any of the following is true :
--- The linked account is None
--- The linked account is XXX
--- The linked account is YYY

Where XXX and YYY are the 2 accounts for which you want to see the transfers.