automatically make certain transactions into transfers

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
zh_olga

Re: automatically make certain transactions into transfers

Post by zh_olga »

yes they are easily identifiable by name - CAPITAL ONE MOBILE PYMT is name on all of them
( you can see this transaction on the screenshot right after the transfer)

I tried to match the transactions with a rule like in screenshot, but that doesn't work.

I believe this should be pretty common situation- you make payment to Credit Card or transfer money from account one to account two - you download statement from account one there's a negative transaction (like you've spent the money), then you download statement from account two and there's another transaction with the same amount, but positive (like you've earned the money). But since it's all your money (both spent and earned) - you know both those transactions are actually just one transfer. So I"m trying to make a rule that will match those two transactions, get rid of one of them and just leave one transfer in iCompta. How do i do that?
Attachments
Transfer.jpeg
Transfer.jpeg (122.67 KiB) Viewed 5452 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You can't do that and if you delete one transaction then the balance of your account will turn wrong. Instead you just have to select the negative and positive transactions and then right click > Convert as transfer…
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Oh my god,
How could one possibly known this exists in iCompta!?

Your software is filled with hidden gems, Angeman. But it takes 10 forum messages to get to know such a useful and straightforward function. Why don’t you describe it in help file? There are folks that actually read them ;)
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Hi Cyril

I've been converting such transactions using this function, but I’m looking for a way to create a rule or set of rules to match them automatically. Instead of selecting two transactions and tapping "convert into transfer". There are really a lot of transactions like that in both personal and company finances, so it’s really time-consuming to do it manually.
Your rules engine is quite powerful, so I’m pretty sure it’s possible to create a rule, so please help me. I couldn’t find any help about that either in your help file or on your forum. I can send you my file, if necessary
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It's not possible to do that kind of things with rules currently sorry, maybe in iCompta 7.