Tabbing behavior frustrating

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
mrtoner

Tabbing behavior frustrating

Post by mrtoner »

I found this post when trying to figure out why I couldn't tab between text fields at all, then found that that problem had gone away. However, I've noticed that iCompta's tab navigation is odd:

- Shift-tab will cycle in reverse order between me (the only person under People), my bank account (the only account right now under Accounts), the Search field and the first transaction in my bank account. This is pretty consistent with how Apple Mail works, except that Mail doesn't use tab to select different accounts as iCompta seems to do. Also, it's necessary sometimes to press shift-tab twice; it seems that the tab focus is somewhere else (maybe Budgets, where I have no items yet) at times.

- Tab alone is a little different. When my single account is selected, tab will open the edit sheet for that account (aargh!). The next tab does nothing (focused on the non-existent Budget item?). The next tab highlights me in the People section and opens the edit sheet for my record (aargh!). Tab then goes to the Search field and the cycle begins again.

- When I select a transaction and tap tab, the first field in the General pane is selected. Good! However, tabbing through these panes is not consistent. Sometimes, tabbing past Transaction/Info does not select the Categories pane; instead, I tab right out of the edit panes. Other times, I don't tab out of the edit panes until tabbing through Comment.

I would ask that:

- When in the edit panes, tab would not ever exit from editing. A tab out of Comment should return to the "New Transaction" field.

- Tab would not open the account/budget/people edit pane.

- Tab would not select something invisible to the user. Certainly not a non-existent item.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Tabbing behavior frustrating

Post by Angeman »

You're right tabbing is definitely odd and I will try to make it more consistent.