Old documents incompatible

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
wiewasmeinsch

Old documents incompatible

Post by wiewasmeinsch »

Hello,

I found this very nice software some days ago and I'm now testing it for my personal financial management. So far, I really like it - it is at least as good as the expensive alternatives - and I'm considering donating in order to support ongoing development.

Today I downloaded version 3.3 and I find myself unable to open my old document. Actually it opens, but it's completely empty. No accounts, no transactions, nothing. Something went really wrong with the update. Fortunately, a friend could send me the old application file over and it could recover the information. I saw the same problem in the french forum section so it does not seem to be an isolated problem.

This is a very serious bug and you might want to tackle it quickly.

I wish you all the best, success and fun for the further development of this excellent program.

wiewasmeinsch
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Old documents incompatible

Post by Angeman »

Could you send me your file at cyril.anger@lyricapps.fr so that I can correct this quickly ?
wiewasmeinsch

Post by wiewasmeinsch »

This is possible. However, I would certainly prefer to be able to update my files myself without the need to provide my financial details to the admin. Can yo please make sure that this is possible with a future release? What is with my friends, do they need to send you all their files also?

Thank you anyway.
wiewasmeinsch
wiewasmeinsch

Post by wiewasmeinsch »

Excellent, it works now without problems. Thank you for your quick reply and help.