Import Bugs

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
bikemunkey

Import Bugs

Post by bikemunkey »

I think there is a bug where it will not save custom import configurations. At least for me it doesn't do so. Additionally, if I choose to save a configuration it will not actually import anything as well and just take me back to the choice between CSV and QIF. If I do not save the configuration the import works perfectly.

Another bug is that QIF imports fail to accurately represent the date. The day and year are correct but the month is always january. This is also the case if, when importing CSV, you enter the month syntax in lowercase.

Running 10.5.6 if that helps, and I checked my CSV file in a text editor and it looks like this (which looks fine to me):

Code: Select all

"Reconciled","08/12/2004","Transfer from ACC1","","50.00","","250.00"
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Import Bugs

Post by Angeman »

bikemunkey wrote:I think there is a bug where it will not save custom import configurations. At least for me it doesn't do so. Additionally, if I choose to save a configuration it will not actually import anything as well and just take me back to the choice between CSV and QIF. If I do not save the configuration the import works perfectly.
Strange indeed, could you tell me if the folder ~/Library/Application Support/iCompta/CSV Import Configurations exists ?
bikemunkey wrote:Another bug is that QIF imports fail to accurately represent the date. The day and year are correct but the month is always january. This is also the case if, when importing CSV, you enter the month syntax in lowercase.
mm = minutes and MM = month that's why the case is very important.
bikemunkey

Post by bikemunkey »

Angeman wrote:Strange indeed, could you tell me if the folder ~/Library/Application Support/iCompta/CSV Import Configurations exists ?
Yes. In the my user library this folder exists. Currently in this folder is a config file called iCompta. Also thanks for the clear up on the date syntax.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Can you try to copy a file in it just to make sure you have write permission on this folder ?
bikemunkey

Post by bikemunkey »

I manually copied the file already included in that folder therefore ending up with another (duplicate) config file (labelled iCompta 2). One step further, I went back into iCompta, exported and then re-imported transactions, and I now have the option of choosing between Custom, iCompta and iCompta 2 config files.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

OK, now can you try to save your configuration again and then launch Console application in /Applications/Utilities to see if there are some error messages about iCompta ?
bikemunkey

Post by bikemunkey »

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply; I've been away over the weekend.

Anyway, I did as you suggested and it all seems ok now (which is weird). No errors in the console and the CSV import and saving of custom config files seems to be working. :!: