Some thoughts on additions.

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
bikemunkey

Some thoughts on additions.

Post by bikemunkey »

I'm not sure of the roadmap for iCompta (obviously) and of what features are planned for future release and those that have been deemed unnecessary. However, a few little additions would be a great bonus for me, although I appreciate I do not reflect the entire userbase of this application! But....

a) another colour (neutral - blue, amber) to represent an account that has 0.00 in balance.

b) the option to mark an account as 'closed' with the extended option to show or hide closed accounts.

c) Sub catagories (but I think I read elsewhere on these forums that this is planned, no?)

d) It would be nice to get a complete overview of money/catagories/reports via the graphing system when you click on the all accounts (or on the person) section at the bottom left of the screen.

e) when a transfer is made, a shortcut on the transaction will jump to the respective account with which the money has been transferred to/from

However, I must say I am quite impressed with iCompta. Finally, a money app that has a really clear interface! Not to mention some really useful features and a sense of stability! I really like it, so thank you.

Also is it possible to create a filter that shows transactions from the 'previous month/week'? Or do I have to set specific dates?
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Some thoughts on additions.

Post by Angeman »

Thanks for your suggestions, c) is already planned as you noticed and I'll try to add the others as well.
Currently, you have to filter on a specific date range but I'll try to add these date filters too.
bikemunkey

Re: Some thoughts on additions.

Post by bikemunkey »

It's nice to see developers commenting on suggestions by users :).

On the subject of linking transferred transaction, it would also be nice that once you reconcile a transferred transaction that reconciliation is also applied to the other account. Although, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I've also found a couple of bugs.