Amount font style and colour

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
dadama

Amount font style and colour

Post by dadama »

I am trying out iCompta as an alternative to another Mac specific personal finance application. Overall I am pleased with the application and especially like the how customizable the interface is. One aspect about the interface that I do find distracting is the green and red bold text showing amount values. An option to control the text style and colour would be welcome.

Doug
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Amount font style and colour

Post by Angeman »

Ok, this is not planned in the near future but if other users asks the same thing, I'll probably add it.
biff

Re: Amount font style and colour

Post by biff »

I'll add my vote in favor of an option to control the text style and color. [Responding here in Mac forum, but actually want this for iOS product!]

Especially hard to read is the white text on the red/green oval background, as used on the accounts at the left side of the screen and top of the transactions side of the screen.

Much easier to read is the red and green text used on the transactions.

Or even easier and more professional-looking would be an option for plain black type (keeping the "-" to differentiate credits from debits).

As for variable font size, I realize this would be tricky in terms of screen real estate space. You seem to have a partial soulution, at least on the account side, with longer names expanding to two lines.

Another app, the legacy PocketMoney iOS , had a "theme" option which one could choose for either the data font and/or label font:
14 point regular (default)
14 point bold
16 point regular
16 point bold
18 point regular
18 point bold
24 point regular
24 point bold

I used 18 point and found it just right.

If any other users find the account amounts a bit difficult to read, I hope you'll chime in.