ICompta V5....

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
altv

ICompta V5....

Post by altv »

Following on from the problem with importing .qif files in V4, I have purchased V5, which, as was stated, has in fact imported the relevant .qif file.

I think I have got it working OK, but am a wee bit concerned that when creating a new transaction, I noticed a star burst element bottom left of the Transaction just created, appears to do nothing except that for a while seems to be spinning as though something is taking place. It then stops. A circle with radial lines appeared with no hint of movement. When I clicked on it a message came up asking did I want to do something with other transactions. Not understanding what this meant, I clicked "No". This then left a black spot with a tick in it. What is this device doing?

I would also like to get the last date used showing at the bottom of the screen each time I start iCompta up. I can sort it to show that but when I revisit, it is at the top of the page! How do I make sure the page opens with the latest transaction at the bottom of the page?

Thanks

altv
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: ICompta V5....

Post by Angeman »

altv wrote: 25 March 2017, 20:57 I think I have got it working OK, but am a wee bit concerned that when creating a new transaction, I noticed a star burst element bottom left of the Transaction just created, appears to do nothing except that for a while seems to be spinning as though something is taking place. It then stops. A circle with radial lines appeared with no hint of movement. When I clicked on it a message came up asking did I want to do something with other transactions. Not understanding what this meant, I clicked "No". This then left a black spot with a tick in it. What is this device doing?
Sorry I don't understand, can you post a screenshot ?
altv wrote: 25 March 2017, 20:57 I would also like to get the last date used showing at the bottom of the screen each time I start iCompta up. I can sort it to show that but when I revisit, it is at the top of the page! How do I make sure the page opens with the latest transaction at the bottom of the page?
You can't do it but you can activate the "Pending" filter for example that will only shows pending transactions and so you won't have to scroll down.
altv

Post by altv »

Angeman, the attached shot shows you the tick in the black circle which starts life as a grey circle with radiating lines on the outside diameter that appear to be revolving then stopping. There is a screen shot of that as well. When I click that static grey circle, the black one appears with the tick!

Hope that gives you what you need.

Cheers

altv
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 23.47.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 23.47.00.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 10403 times
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 23.38.51.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 23.38.51.png (10.77 KiB) Viewed 10403 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

This little icon represents the status of the transaction as explained here : http://www.icompta-app.com/help.php?ver ... ansactions
When you click on it it changes the status of that transaction.
altv

Post by altv »

Angeman, Thanks for that. I am getting the hang off the programme, but have to say I am having all sorts of difficulty in carrying out simple manoeuvres. i.e. Having imported a .qif file from my other system it brought it in reasonably well, but seems to get things put in to the wrong pockets.

In the Transaction side bar, in the Name element it seems to be using the Payee details, but the Payee element had no-one in there, so now I am having to go through every entry and create a Payee list so that it will automatically come up when I start typing. Because I am looking at Home Accounts, I don't need to use the Name element in Transactions, but do need the Payee bit. So what I am saying is that every Name has been fed in during the import process but the Payee has not been imported. As you can imagine, this is causing me something of a major exercise to correct this anomaly. Unless of course you can point me in the right direction.

I have finally set the transaction Registry up so that I have the details in there that are necessary for my understanding of what is happening. See the screen shot. I am not sure what the first Tick is for, but that can't be removed when I right click in that area.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

altv
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 19.47.00.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 19.47.00.png (28.9 KiB) Viewed 10387 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

altv wrote: 26 March 2017, 20:49 In the Transaction side bar, in the Name element it seems to be using the Payee details, but the Payee element had no-one in there, so now I am having to go through every entry and create a Payee list so that it will automatically come up when I start typing. Because I am looking at Home Accounts, I don't need to use the Name element in Transactions, but do need the Payee bit. So what I am saying is that every Name has been fed in during the import process but the Payee has not been imported. As you can imagine, this is causing me something of a major exercise to correct this anomaly. Unless of course you can point me in the right direction.
You can change the mapping of fields during import by holding down the option key when you validate the import settings screen. It will show a new screen that you change how the name and payee fields are imported.
altv wrote: 26 March 2017, 20:49 I have finally set the transaction Registry up so that I have the details in there that are necessary for my understanding of what is happening. See the screen shot. I am not sure what the first Tick is for, but that can't be removed when I right click in that area.
This is for the status icon that we were talking about previously.
altv

Post by altv »

Angeman, thanks for that information. To carry out what you have suggested, I have uninstalled iCompta, several times this afternoon, because there were some strange responses coming up in the results for an imported .qif file. I eventually got it sorted and got it coming up in some semblance of order!

All the accounts imported and appeared to be OK except for the main Chequeing account. This was showing a difference in the balance figures. Having checked both programmes for the missing transaction, with no success, (iCompta was showing an amount that was more than the imported account!) I could not find where the difference was. It looked as though there was one transaction that hadn't registered, so the obvious thing to do, since I couldn't find it, was to enter an adjustment transaction that corrected the anomaly. This I have done and it now seems to be doing what I want it to.

I have to say it was a real effort to get it to this stage, but it is there and will see how it behaves now.

Thanks for your help in resolving the myriad of problems I was having in setting iCompta up.

Cheers

altv
altv

Post by altv »

I have tried, I really have! But to use the programme is causing me a lot of concern. Completing transactions is a real adventure and quite lengthy to complete. The layout of the page is looking OK, but when I tried to complete a series of scheduled payments, that really was an adventure. There is a pocket there which is called Name. I don't want to give a transaction a name, it seems pointless, so I end up with a default option which is New Transaction. There are a number of such strange elements that seem to me, when using the programme for Home Finances, that are really quite irrelevant and seem to be a real downer as far as using iCompta is concerned.

I have to say therefore, that I am having to uninstall iCompta and revert back to my previous default programme for accounts.

Is there any special way that needs to be followed to completely remove iCompta or can I just move the icon from the Applications Folder to the Trash bucket?

Thanks

altv.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

altv wrote: 06 April 2017, 20:30 can I just move the icon from the Applications Folder to the Trash bucket?
Yes it's enough to do this.
altv

Post by altv »

Angeman, thanks.

Cheers

altv