Feature: Remove Categories using Rules

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
middiu

Feature: Remove Categories using Rules

Post by middiu »

Hi Angeman,
I know this feature has been already requested but would like to try again to convince you to implement it (I'm own a v5 license) :D

I would find very very useful to be able to remove categories using Rules, these are for example a couple of use case:

1) let's say I have different rules, many of them add different categories to a transaction with different percentages, but I need to create a Rule that if match the conditions remove all the existing categories and apply a different one with 100%.

2) another use case is if I want to re-apply all the rules on my entire database because I changed some conditions in the existing rules, for example, before all the transaction with name "XYZ" where tagged as category "OTHER", now they are tagged to category "NEWCATEGORY". In this case I would be able to write a rule that run as first that cleanup the Categories and then all the rest of the rules would apply the categories with the new conditions

How does it sound?

Regards
Emilio
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Feature: Remove Categories using Rules

Post by Angeman »

middiu wrote:1) let's say I have different rules, many of them add different categories to a transaction with different percentages, but I need to create a Rule that if match the conditions remove all the existing categories and apply a different one with 100%.
There is a "Set category" action in iCompta 6 that will set a given category to all splits of a transaction.
middiu wrote:2) another use case is if I want to re-apply all the rules on my entire database because I changed some conditions in the existing rules, for example, before all the transaction with name "XYZ" where tagged as category "OTHER", now they are tagged to category "NEWCATEGORY". In this case I would be able to write a rule that run as first that cleanup the Categories and then all the rest of the rules would apply the categories with the new conditions
Fo this use cas it's easier to select all the transactions you want to change (you can use a filter in the transactions list to help you with that) and then modify the category in the right panel for all these transactions at once.