new user with some questions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
kikashi

new user with some questions

Post by kikashi »

I just discovered icompta and it seems to have a lot of potential. My bank(s) unfortunately only allow to download statements as pdf files. But a bit of python hacking already resulted in a script to convert the pdf statements from one bank into csv files. The others will probably follow soon :D .

A couple of questions/suggestions/requests so far:

- Is it somehow possible to get combined statistics or balance evolution for more than one account?

- Some of my transactions have a quite long info or description field (multiple lines on my bank statements). Double clicking opens up the editing column at the right but this is even smaller than the reading panel. It would be nice to be have a nicer way to visualize this. Perhaps open a full width editing panel at the bottom? Or having multiple line text fields in the edit panel and wrapping lines?

- While playing with automatic rules I've noticed that it's possible to put the same label multiple times on a single transaction. That's kind of counterintuitive if you're used to how labels work in other programs.

Definitely a piece of software with lots of potential. Keep up the good work!
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: new user with some questions

Post by Angeman »

kikashi wrote:- Is it somehow possible to get combined statistics or balance evolution for more than one account?
Yep, just select multiple accounts in the accounts list.
kikashi wrote:- Some of my transactions have a quite long info or description field (multiple lines on my bank statements). Double clicking opens up the editing column at the right but this is even smaller than the reading panel. It would be nice to be have a nicer way to visualize this. Perhaps open a full width editing panel at the bottom? Or having multiple line text fields in the edit panel and wrapping lines?
I think I'll make it bigger.
kikashi wrote:- While playing with automatic rules I've noticed that it's possible to put the same label multiple times on a single transaction. That's kind of counterintuitive if you're used to how labels work in other programs.
You just have to add "the list of categories is empty" condition to avoid that.
nmat

Post by nmat »

Angeman wrote:
kikashi wrote:- Is it somehow possible to get combined statistics or balance evolution for more than one account?
Yep, just select multiple accounts in the accounts list.
Why can't I select accounts and persons? The mobile version allows me to do it...
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

No particular reason, it was just harder to make on the Mac.
nmat

Post by nmat »

OK, but I vote on this feature for the next release.
timeismoney

Post by timeismoney »

hello,

you wrote :
"My bank(s) unfortunately only allow to download statements as pdf files. But a bit of python hacking already resulted in a script to convert the pdf statements from one bank into csv files".

I do have the same problem with my American Express card (only pdf files downloadable from my bank). Kikashi It seems you found a solution...

Questions to kikashi & Angerman : Could it be shared and implemented in iCompta ? It would be great...
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

There is a new user guide?? this program it´s imposible to use...
Last edited by Joseph on 13 February 2011, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »