iCompta 6 vs 5 Feature Comparision Chart?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
romad

iCompta 6 vs 5 Feature Comparision Chart?

Post by romad »

Any way to compare the new version 6 to version 5? I read the changelog section but I couldn't tell what might be of use to me. The description in the Mac App Store mentions "Full Synchronization" but that isn't mentioned in the changelog for example.

If there isn't comparison chart, is it possible to run both iCompta 5 and iCompta 6 simultaneously with the same data so I can compare them?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iCompta 6 vs 5 Feature Comparision Chart?

Post by Angeman »

romad wrote:If there isn't comparison chart, is it possible to run both iCompta 5 and iCompta 6 simultaneously with the same data so I can compare them?
Yes you can do that, each version will use its own data file so you can run both simultaneously.
romad

Post by romad »

Angeman wrote:
romad wrote:If there isn't comparison chart, is it possible to run both iCompta 5 and iCompta 6 simultaneously with the same data so I can compare them?
Yes you can do that, each version will use its own data file so you can run both simultaneously.
Great! What is the best way to get the version 5 data into version 6, export/import a QIF or OFX file?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Oh no it's more simple than that, just open the .comptadb file from iCompta 5 with iCompta 6 and it will create a new .cdb file.
romad

Post by romad »

Fantastic! Thanks!
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac