Server not connected error - Bug?

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
mary

Server not connected error - Bug?

Post by mary »

Hi,

since few minutes ago, as soon as I open iCompta, it throws a classical OS X error: "Connection failed. The server may not exist or it is not operational at this time. Check the server name or IP address and your network connection and try again". Server? Which server?!

Now I cannot use iCompta at all: the error keeps popping up every second or so. In between one error and the next one I can see my data, so it seems it had not saved the data on an external disk (which is good since i've never asked it to do so). However, it keeps throwing errors. I can only quit it (in between two errors). The errors appear only when (and each time) i open iCompta and disappear when i quit it.

I'm not sure it's related, but the last time I used iCompta, a couple of days ago, I had an external disk plus some network disks mounted. However, they should have nothing to do with iCompta.

Any idea of what happened? And what should I do (e.g. which files should I backup for a reinstallation?)
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Server not connected error - Bug?

Post by Angeman »

The only file you have to keep safe is your document. If you don't remember where you saved it you can click on the icon near the title of the window with apple key down to show the full path.
mary

Re: Server not connected error - Bug?

Post by mary »

Hi,

I did uninstall and reinstall iCompta but the behavior persist. However, I may have understood what happened. I may have attached a file to an expense which is hosted on a network drive which is currently non available. I'm gonna try to open iCompta when i have the network drive mounted and delete the link. I'll let u know if that solves the problem.