Splits on credit card account

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Sharcuk

Splits on credit card account

Post by Sharcuk »

Hi,

I have a credit card account set up, which contains transactions with splits. Throughout the month the splits agree with the amount of the transfer to be made on the transfer value date. However, once the transfer has been made, the sum of the splits and the value of the transfer are out of balance, because the splits are all being duplicated.

I can correct the splits by deleting the duplicated entries, but this only does this on one side of the transfer, I have to go into the other side of the transfer and delete the duplicate splits there as well.

Any idea what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Splits on credit card account

Post by Angeman »

Can you show me a screenshot of the transactions list that shows the transfer when it's ok and then a screenshot when the transfer has duplicated splits ?
Sharcuk

Post by Sharcuk »

Hi,

For information, the account has a transfer date of the 14th, and a transfer value date of the 28th.

I've had another quick look, and the items are not all duplicated. It seems that the transactions that are dated between the transfer date (14th) and the transfer value date (28th) will appear as splits in their own right, and are then added again into the splits that cover the whole period to the next transfer date.

The attached file is a screen grab as at today, before the duplicates. Based on what I can see from previous months, when the transfer takes place on the 28th, using the Food:Groceries split as an example, I think I will see a Food:Groceries split of £182.81, and another Food:Groceries split of £471.17.

I'll post another screen grab once the duplication has occurred. The transfer dated 28/07/2016 on the screenshot is not showing out of balance because I have already been in and manually adjusted the splits!

Chris
Attachments
iCompta grab before payment.tiff
iCompta grab before payment.tiff (203.63 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
Sharcuk

Post by Sharcuk »

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in posting, but the duplication has only just occurred today, 27/8/2016.

To reiterate, the credit card account is set up with a value date of 14th and a transfer value date of the 28th. The only other change , other than adding transactions, which has occurred on the account between the two screenshots is that on 21/8/2016 I changed the status of the 28/8/2016 transfer from scheduled to created.

Regards,
Chris
Attachments
iCompta grab after duplication.jpg
iCompta grab after duplication.jpg (252.72 KiB) Viewed 7029 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It looks like a synchronization bug, which devices are you synchronizing with ?
Sharcuk

Post by Sharcuk »

Hi,

Synchronising through iCloud with an iPad and iPhone, and the Mac as well obviously.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Firstly, on the Mac click on File > Save menu item to make sure the latest Mac data is uploaded on iCloud.
Secondly, on the iPhone and iPad, click on the close button to go to the documents chooser. Then erase your current document and recreate it by clicking on the cloud icon at the bottom.
This way every device will restart with the same data and hopefully it won't happen again.
Sharcuk

Post by Sharcuk »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on next month.

I've been back through historical data (I've been using iCompta since February 2016) and my April transfer was also out of sync. Looking at the splits that had been duplicated, it definitely appears to be duplicating the value of the transactions recorded between the value date and the transfer value date of the previous month, i.e for transfer due 28 April, the transaction dated between 14th and 28th March were duplicated in the splits figure for the 28 April transfer.

I've amended the value transfer date to 21st of the month, and will check again next month.

Chris