Credit values missing from comparison report

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
vaughan184

Credit values missing from comparison report

Post by vaughan184 »

Transactions which contain a credit value are not being entered into the comparison report although the framework of categories/sub-categories is displayed. However, credit values are written into the splits report! Is this a problem with software or I have failed to set up the transactions correctly?
Using 5.1.17 with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Credit values missing from comparison report

Post by Angeman »

A comparison report show either credits or debits so you have to double click on the report and choose what to display in the popup button at the bottom of the dialog.
vaughan184

Post by vaughan184 »

Unfortunately, this was not helpful. I have tried double clicking on the report but the dialogue box does not give me an option to move between credits and debits. The box gives options to set a transaction filter or splits filter, however the splits filter gives no alternatives. On a more general point, it would be more useful if this report merged credit and debit transactions as in some cases funds are credited to a category to offset expenditure and not to show this gives misleading impression.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

vaughan184 wrote:Unfortunately, this was not helpful. I have tried double clicking on the report but the dialogue box does not give me an option to move between credits and debits.
You probably need to resize the dialog or scroll it down to see the button.
vaughan184 wrote:On a more general point, it would be more useful if this report merged credit and debit transactions as in some cases funds are credited to a category to offset expenditure and not to show this gives misleading impression.
You need to check the "Refund" box in the right editing panel for such transactions.