Suggestions / Feature Requests / Bug Reports

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
fabian

Suggestions / Feature Requests / Bug Reports

Post by fabian »

Hi, I have a couple of feature suggestions:

- Import: I would like to tell iCompta to use the sign before the amount to decide whether it's a deposit or a withdrawal.
- Bug: currently iCompta allows you to add the same category several times to an item. This doesn't make sense and clutters the list after running some rules multiple times.
- Bug: when editing filters and changing the string in a rule, sometimes it's not saved. I have to add another rule and delete it again to save it.
- It's not possible to view the list while writing filters, this is extremely inconvenient.
- I like to have an easy way (one click?) to quickly add and remove tags or categories from items which cannot be automatically filtered.
- The process of setting up new categories is too complicated. I have to create a category and write a rule to add items to it. I would like to select an item and click "new category rule" which creates me a new category and opens a new filter dialog using the data of the item.
- I would like to add creditcard-bills to the creditcard-related expenses to keep track of what I actually spent the money on.

Presentations:
- in the "numerical" view, it would be cool if I could choose not to view zeros at all. The list would be much easier to read, since there are many categories who never have any income or any expense.
- I would like to change some parameters to the pie charts: I want to see pies for each months, and the biggest expenses I make in this category in a specific month.

People:
- I don't understand how the "people"-system works at all. I like to use it to keep track of people owing me money and such. For this I need to be able to set the initial balance on people, like I do on accounts.

iCompta is nevertheless a wonderful piece of work, thanks!
fabian
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Suggestions / Feature Requests / Bug Reports

Post by Angeman »

First, thanks for your suggestions.
fabian wrote:- Import: I would like to tell iCompta to use the sign before the amount to decide whether it's a deposit or a withdrawal.
Sorry I don't see what you mean.
fabian wrote:- Bug: currently iCompta allows you to add the same category several times to an item. This doesn't make sense and clutters the list after running some rules multiple times.
Just add the "list of categories is empty" condition to your rule.
fabian wrote:- I would like to add creditcard-bills to the creditcard-related expenses to keep track of what I actually spent the money on.
Sorry I don't understand what you want.
fabian wrote:- I don't understand how the "people"-system works at all. I like to use it to keep track of people owing me money and such. For this I need to be able to set the initial balance on people, like I do on accounts.
You will find an explanation in the "shared operations" section of the user guide.
fabian

Post by fabian »

fabian wrote:- Import: I would like to tell iCompta to use the sign before the amount to decide whether it's a deposit or a withdrawal.
When importing csv I have to choose a field which iCompta uses to decide deposit or withdrawal. Correct? The csv file from my bank doesn't contain such a field. I just have an amount field with values like 200 or -90 and such.
fabian wrote:- I would like to add creditcard-bills to the creditcard-related expenses to keep track of what I actually spent the money on.
My credit card expenses are paid once a month from my account. However I just see the sum of all expenses in my account. It would be cool to be able to manually add the information from my credit card bill to be able to have all my transaction in one place.

Thanks for you answers!
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

fabian wrote:When importing csv I have to choose a field which iCompta uses to decide deposit or withdrawal. Correct? The csv file from my bank doesn't contain such a field. I just have an amount field with values like 200 or -90 and such.
No you can either choose debit and credit fields or amount and sign fields or just the amount field as you need.
fabian wrote:My credit card expenses are paid once a month from my account. However I just see the sum of all expenses in my account. It would be cool to be able to manually add the information from my credit card bill to be able to have all my transaction in one place.
You'd better create an account for your credit card and make a transfer with the sum of all expenses from your main account to your credit card account at the end of the month.
fabian

Post by fabian »

Angeman wrote:Just add the "list of categories is empty" condition to your rule.
This is very inconvenient in my case. I have a rule using several conditions which adds one category on entries if it contains one of 5 different detailtexts. I cannot add "categorylist empty" cause I'd had to change the logical connection between condition to "all of the following are true" and would have to create 4 more rules for the other detailtexts.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

fabian wrote:I'd had to change the logical connection between condition to "all of the following are true" and would have to create 4 more rules for the other detailtexts.
No you can just create a new compound row by clicking on the plus button with option key down in order to create something like that :

Code: Select all

All of the following are true
       The category list is empty
       Any of the following is true
fabian

Post by fabian »

Angeman wrote: No you can just create a new compound row by clicking on the plus button with option key down in order to create something like that :
Cool, you've thought of everything :)

fabian