Scheduler in iCompta 5

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
romad

Scheduler in iCompta 5

Post by romad »

I'm having problems getting it to work consistently for me.

Here is what I want to do:

1. I have 2 deposits into my checking account that occur on the 1st of each month with no end dates for the deposits.

2. I also have 2 transfers out of my checking account into 2 savings accounts that also occur on the first of the month with no end dates.

3. I have 1 deposit that occurs on the fourth Wednesday of each month with no end date.

I do NOT want these transactions to appear in the account until the scheduled date as these are not bills which require me to make a payment.

How do I set up these scheduled transactions to occur each month until I stop them?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Scheduler in iCompta 5

Post by Angeman »

Occurrences of scheduled transactions are shown in their accounts if "Show planned transactions until" is checked and their date is before the date you entered in the field next to "Show planned transactions until". So you can set whatever date you want in that field to show or hide the occurrences of your scheduled transactions.
romad

Post by romad »

So if I set that to say Dec 31, 2050, it would show them all?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes it would create and display all occurrences until that date.
romad

Post by romad »

That is what I DON'T want. I just want the scheduler to list the transactions in its window for me to select which ones I want posted (ala Quicken), or preferably, automatically post them on the scheduled date (ala PocketMoney).

Doesn't look like I'll be able to use the scheduler then.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Then just uncheck the "Show planned transactions until" box under the transactions list.
romad

Post by romad »

And that brings us full circle. I had created the scheduled transactions and they worked for a while but when I unchecked the "Show...", they stopped updating properly in the scheduler. It worked through Feb 16 but did not show the 1 Mar 16 transactions; instead it jumped to the later March and 1 April transactions.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac