Beginner questions

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
bradford

Beginner questions

Post by bradford »

This is my second day using iCompta, and there's a couple of things I'm not understanding. Hoping someone can clarify.

1) I have not seen the "Convert as transfer..." option available at all (it's always dimmed), but I think that's the option I need, based on the user manual. I imported a qfx for my checking account and another for my credit card account, both at the same FI, and I'm trying to link the payments from my checking account to the other end of the transfers in my credit card account. So far all attempts at linking the accounts have resulted in duplicated transactions in one account or the other. How do I get the "Convert as transfer..." option to become enabled and use it to set this up?

2) When I import a qfx file for my investment account, iCompta is using the <UNIQUEID> info for the name of the security, instead of the <SECNAME>, and is also not bringing in any <TICKER> symbols from the OFX data. But both the security name and ticker symbol can be derived from the <SECINFO> sections for the corresponding <UNIQUEID> values. Did I do something incorrectly? If not, can I replace the UniqueID values used for names with the actual security names and have iCompta track these properly? Also, it appears that we cannot track lots in iCompta?

Really enjoying the app's UI btw - quite brilliant! I'm very familiar with the recent Quicken for Mac products and I prefer iCompta's UI - the Quicken products recently quit working with some of my financial institutions.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Beginner questions

Post by Angeman »

bradford wrote:1) I have not seen the "Convert as transfer..." option available at all (it's always dimmed), but I think that's the option I need, based on the user manual. I imported a qfx for my checking account and another for my credit card account, both at the same FI, and I'm trying to link the payments from my checking account to the other end of the transfers in my credit card account. So far all attempts at linking the accounts have resulted in duplicated transactions in one account or the other. How do I get the "Convert as transfer..." option to become enabled and use it to set this up?
Select both transactions involved in the transfer and then right click.
bradford wrote:2) When I import a qfx file for my investment account, iCompta is using the <UNIQUEID> info for the name of the security, instead of the <SECNAME>, and is also not bringing in any <TICKER> symbols from the OFX data. But both the security name and ticker symbol can be derived from the <SECINFO> sections for the corresponding <UNIQUEID> values. Did I do something incorrectly? If not, can I replace the UniqueID values used for names with the actual security names and have iCompta track these properly?
You should be able to map the <UNIQUEID> values with the securities in iCompta in one of the import dialogs. You just have to do it once then don't forget to save the configuration at the end and it will be used next time.
bradford wrote:Also, it appears that we cannot track lots in iCompta?
Yes sorry it's not possible.