Cant open iCompta after El capitan upgrade

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Cant open iCompta after El capitan upgrade

Post by Angeman »

As stated above, this is not an issue with iCompta it's an issue with the Mac App Store code signing. You just need to wait until Apple fixes this.
droinwork

Post by droinwork »

Hello, The same happens to me today.
fert

Post by fert »

Still waiting for a solution from Apple.
I tried to dowload the iCompta 4.0 from other computer with Yosemity and it was not possible.
It looks like the Compta 4.0 is not available anymore in Apple Store.
Please confirm as soon as possible to find the solution.
St3wbie

Post by St3wbie »

Latest version of iFinance has just been released so, using the shareware version of iCompta, I've PDFd all of my accounts since 2008 (iCompta exported files were too poor to use, even in Excel) and I'm off - you don't even offer a reduced price upgrade to V5 for us long time users.......
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I've sent a licence to all of you so that you can use the site version until Apple fixes this.
St3wbie wrote:Latest version of iFinance has just been released so, using the shareware version of iCompta, I've PDFd all of my accounts since 2008 (iCompta exported files were too poor to use, even in Excel) and I'm off - you don't even offer a reduced price upgrade to V5 for us long time users
First, I shall repeat that iCompta has nothing wrong, the problem comes from Apple. If you don't believe me, read this : http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/12/mac ... pts-issue/
Secondly, iCompta exported files are perfectly usable, you probably don't know to use them that's all…
Last, about the update price, there's nothing I can do because Apple doesn't give developers a way to offer a reduced price to previous version owners. If it was just me it would be 50% of regular price. So again, blame Apple, not me.
matts360

Post by matts360 »

just emailed support, and within a minute they got back to me, with a link to version 4, and instructions on how to open it. Thank god, all accounts back on and accessible. How can apple do this???

Great support thanks

Matt

Email
"
Due to a code signing issue on the Mac App Store, the application doesn't launch anymore. As we don't know when this will be fixed by Apple, here is your license for iCompta 4.

You can trash the app you downloaded from the Mac App Store and replace it with this one : http://www.icompta-app.com/files/iCompta_4.0.13.dmg

Then you can drag & drop the attached license file on the application's icon to activate it.
Note : sometimes the .xml extension is appended to the license file name so in this case you have to rename it to "xxxxxx.iComptaLicense" before being able to drag & drop it.

You will then be able to reopen your accounts file by double clicking on it (its name ends with .compta and is located in your Documents folder by default).

Thanks,
The LyricApps team
St3wbie

Post by St3wbie »

Yep, looked at your article - curiously, I wasn't getting that error at any point, but hey, thank you for the emailed licence - I can now use the shareware version for more than 30 days. Kind of you to suggest that I'm incapable. Not even going to respond to that. iFinance 4 is working well, and you personally made it so much easier for me to bite the bullet and buy / transition to a different product which was cheaper than the upgrade to my existing product.
PS Octave is definitely the best Ice cream shop in Toulouse ;)
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

St3wbie wrote:Yep, looked at your article - curiously, I wasn't getting that error at any point
Yes because you didn't enter the email of your Apple account and password but you would have had that error just after.
St3wbie wrote:Kind of you to suggest that I'm incapable
Not saying that, just that you didn't use the export feature from iCompta or the import feature from iFinance properly.
St3wbie wrote:iFinance 4 is working well, and you personally made it so much easier for me to bite the bullet and buy / transition to a different product which was cheaper than the upgrade to my existing product.
If you are fine with iFinance 4 then I'm happy for you, no hard feelings.
Uranium

Post by Uranium »

I am also troubled the same symptoms.
If what I do will be able to use this application properly?
You do not have to only wait for the App Store?
Please tell me a good way.

Regards.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Uranium wrote:I am also troubled the same symptoms.
If what I do will be able to use this application properly?
You do not have to only wait for the App Store?
Please tell me a good way.
I sent you an email with the instructions.