Search

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
zh_olga

Search

Post by zh_olga »

Hello,
does iCompta (either Mac or iPhone) have searchable user guide or help? Maybe I'm not attentive enough but I can't find where to search for my questions on the website.
The question I have is whether iCompta (either Mac or iPhone) has a possibility to search across all accounts? What if I need all transactions with a certain tag/comment/word (for example "new home" or "move") across all my accounts. I have many hence the questions. Don't want to waste time searching 20 different times and making that report on paper...
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Search

Post by Angeman »

zh_olga wrote:does iCompta (either Mac or iPhone) have searchable user guide or help? Maybe I'm not attentive enough but I can't find where to search for my questions on the website.
On the Mac, you can go here : http://www.icompta-app.com/help.php#print, cancel the print window and then search with Safari using cmd-F.
zh_olga wrote:The question I have is whether iCompta (either Mac or iPhone) has a possibility to search across all accounts? What if I need all transactions with a certain tag/comment/word (for example "new home" or "move") across all my accounts. I have many hence the questions. Don't want to waste time searching 20 different times and making that report on paper...
On Mac or iPhone just select all your accounts first then search what you want using the search field above the transactions list.
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Thanks for a reply, but how do I select all accounts? When I search on the screen where all accounts are listed - it just searches names of accounts, when I enter into account - it searches only this account. Maybe this is evident but not for me.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Select one account and select another one by holding shift or cmd key.
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Thank you! And is there any way to do this on IPhone ?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

On the iPhone you can touch the name of the account under the blue navigation bar with "Transactions" and select several accounts.
zh_olga

Post by zh_olga »

Thanks a lot!!. I didn't realise that was touchable.