New to iCompta

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
romad

New to iCompta

Post by romad »

OK, I'm trying to import my data via QIF into iCompta 4 (I use Mac OS 10.7.5). I have 8 accounts: 1 checking, 2 savings, 5 credit card with data going back to 2001. I do transfers from the checking account to the other 7 accounts. I can export my data via QIF as either one QIF file with all 8 accounts or as 8 individual accounts. How should I do it for importing into iCompta 4? In the past I've had problems with imported data because the new finance app could not parse the transfer links if I used separate QIF files, but it looks like iCompta can't take a unified QIF file and put the appropriate data into the appropriate account and seems to require a separate QIF for each account. How should I import my data into iCompta 4?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: New to iCompta

Post by Angeman »

In version 4 you can only import separate QIF files. In version 5 you can import a single unified QIF file but anyway in both versions transfer links are not imported.
romad

Post by romad »

Darn! I have hundreds of these transfers. It took days to get the errors fixed the last time I had to import individual files. Even though I can't use version 5, I'm curious as to why it breaks links. Any time frame on fixing this bug?

Off-topic: What version of phpBB are you using for these forums? I'm the SPAM moderator of a a phpBB board and I'm getting update banners when I go into the ACP.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

romad wrote:Darn! I have hundreds of these transfers. It took days to get the errors fixed the last time I had to import individual files. Even though I can't use version 5, I'm curious as to why it breaks links. Any time frame on fixing this bug?
This is not a bug, import is not supposed to be able to get back everything from every other software… It will import all your transactions correctly, it's just that they won't have links between them anymore.
romad wrote:Off-topic: What version of phpBB are you using for these forums? I'm the SPAM moderator of a a phpBB board and I'm getting update banners when I go into the ACP.
romad

Post by romad »

OK. I wonder why I didn't have to fix links back in 2010 when I moved from Quicken for Mac 2005 to PocketMoney? Last year when I got Quicken for Mac 2015, I had to go through the 2007 version to get a database 2015 could open and that is when I had all sorts of problems. Oh, well, I'll just have to live with it.

Off-topic: Thanks for the phpBB version; that is what the banners tell me is the latest.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
romad

Post by romad »

Well, I got my transactions imported and I was surprised to see that the problems I had importing into Quicken for Mac 2007 did not repeat themselves with iCompta. OK, I now have a Scheduler question. I have a recurring deposit to my checking account that takes place on the fourth Wednesday of every month, however I can't find a way to schedule this using the Scheduler's options. Monthly won't work, and every four weeks won't work as some of the intervals are five weeks. Is there a way to do it?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

No sorry that's not possible to do that in iCompta.
romad

Post by romad »

OK. May I suggest that as an upgraded feature? It looks like I could do this as a work-around: set the interval to 4 weeks then edit the entry that is made a week early to the correct day.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac