Changing an amount with splits

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
perarneflo

Changing an amount with splits

Post by perarneflo »

If I change the amount to a transaction that has more than one split, it is only the last split that gets its value changed. It should change all the splits according to their % of the original amount.

Test it by making a transaction with the amount of 100,-, then make two splits with 50,- each. They both now have 50% of the amount. Then change the amount to 200,-, then the first split is still 50,- but the last split is 150,-. It would make more sense if they both were changed to 100,-.

You may ask: When do I need to change the amount? Well this happens if I buy something in another currency than Norwegian kroner (e.g. on vacation). When I enter the amount in iCompta I first use the amount of the foreign currency in the amount field and make splits with the different items on the receipt for different categories. Then when my Eurocard account gets updated with the exchange rate and the surcharge they apply to each transaction, I want to change the amount in iCompta to the correct in Norwegian kroner and have iCompta automatically recalculate all the splits to the right sum (now in Norwegian kroner). But it is only the last split that will be changed.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Changing an amount with splits

Post by Angeman »

This is the normal behavior in current version. In next major version you will be able to choose whether a transaction in the sum of its splits or the opposite : the amount of the transaction is set and the splits are a percentage of it.