iCloud syncing take 3

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Benjamin Frost

iCloud syncing take 3

Post by Benjamin Frost »

Well, I've had enough of iCloud syncing.

Spent a few more hours today trying to get it to work again. No success. My iPhone and iPad talk to each other fine; they both sync up with iCloud reliably. So I’ll carry on using it for those. But my Mac won't receive any data from iOS. It happily sends it to iOS, though. I've tried deleting files, moving them to different places, from the default folder, iComptaMobile to another folder on iCloud Drive, and turning off and on iCloud Drive, repairing disk permissions, restarting the Mac, restarting iCompta. All to no avail. Thank goodness for local wifi sync; that seems to work fine.

I'm reluctant to put the blame on iCompta, as I know from experience that iCloud has been very problematic with several apps. I have just one app that reliably syncs with iCloud: My Wonderful Days. Even that took several versions and many months before reaching that stage.

I sincerely hope that Apple are concentrating some of their resources on bug fixing for the next Mac and iOS updates, but I fear their attention is tied up with the Apple Watch, which I have no interest in.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: iCloud syncing take 3

Post by Angeman »

Benjamin Frost wrote:I sincerely hope that Apple are concentrating some of their resources on bug fixing for the next Mac and iOS updates, but I fear their attention is tied up with the Apple Watch, which I have no interest in.
I completely agree with you.