Subcategories in reports

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Benjamin Frost

Subcategories in reports

Post by Benjamin Frost »

I make extensive use of subcategories. I'm pleased that they are supported in iCompta. However, there is one area where I would sorely like an improvement.

When making a splits report, one can add categories as a condition. However, It’s quite limited. I can only add one category at a time. Also, if I click on a main category, I would expect all subcategories to be included by default. This isn't the case; what's more, it isn't possible to include all subcategories. Sometimes I have about twenty subcategories for one category, so If I wish to include them, I have to create twenty conditions! I think this is illogical behaviour, and would ask if you would change it to include subcategories by default. I've come from Jumsoft's Money app, and I have to say that this is one area where they are better.
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Subcategories in reports

Post by Angeman »

I have planned to address this limitation in the next major update.
Benjamin Frost

Post by Benjamin Frost »

Angeman wrote:I have planned to address this limitation in the next major update.

Great, thanks.
onepablo

Post by onepablo »

Hello,
I'm using the iCompta italian localized version and I noted that something is wrong with the report condition translation.
There are three condition for Filtro transazioni (Transaction Filter) and Dividi filtri (Filter Split), but two of them are identical:
Nessuno/Tutti/Nessuno (No one/All/No one)

I don't know if this one is the cause of my major problem: I'm not able to insert more than one category in my report...
As Benjamin Frost, I make extensive use of subcategories, too. However, it seems that, contrary to what I'm able to do, he can create report with more than one category
Sometimes I have about twenty subcategories for one category, so If I wish to include them, I have to create twenty conditions!
In my easiest case, I have a category "PRIVATE" with two different sub category "IN" and "OUT" and I expect to be able to create a report with "IN" and "OUT", but if I use the "Filtro transazioni" in all of possible combinations, I obtain a report with or "IN" or "OUT" transactions...

Is it a bug or am I working in the wrong way?
Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Can you post a screenshot of your transactions filter and your splits filter ?
onepablo

Post by onepablo »

Schermata 2015-02-18 alle 14.04.44.png
Schermata 2015-02-18 alle 14.04.44.png (55.33 KiB) Viewed 8583 times
Schermata 2015-02-18 alle 14.05.01.png
Schermata 2015-02-18 alle 14.05.01.png (55.5 KiB) Viewed 8583 times
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

The 3 choices should be :
- None
- All
- One
So I guess the last choice has been translated incorrectly. What would be the right translation for "One of the following conditions" ?
onepablo

Post by onepablo »

Nessuno
Tutti
Uno

Waiting for when it'll be possible to include all subcategories just selecting the main category!
Thanks
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

I'll add it in next major version.
onepablo

Post by onepablo »

Thanks.

just a tip...
your application is one of the most complete and well done, but has a little "promotional lack" for two reasons:
- in the user guide will be not more than 10% of what the application can really do!
- some one click pre-setted report and charts templates could help the user to appreciate your big work.
But this just to become perfect! ;)