Dropbox sync

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: Dropbox sync

Post by Angeman »

Thanks, I've done the necessary so it should work in 5.0.4.
AndrewR

Post by AndrewR »

By the way, for anyone else reading this, there is a relatively easy manual workaround until Angeman fixes it - just copy the most recent file across from the Dropbox "applications" file to "apps", or vice versa.
moptland

Post by moptland »

For your information: when trying to configure Dropbox sync (both platforms using Dutch as language)
  • * iCompta 5.0.3 for Mac OS X creates the folder structure Applications/iCompta/Synchronization
    * iCompta 3.0.3 for iOS creates as folder structure Apps/iCompta
So not only the term Apps is different from Applications, but also on OS X a level "Synchronization" is added.

Is this difference also solved in iCompta 5.0.4 for iOS? And when are you expecting iCompta 5.0.4 to be ready?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

moptland wrote:Is this difference also solved in iCompta 5.0.4 for iOS? And when are you expecting iCompta 5.0.4 to be ready?
Yes it will be fixed in 5.0.4. It should be released within 2 weeks.
wobelling

Post by wobelling »

Hi iCompta-Team,

I'm new to iCompta 5. After two days of testing I bought the demo for Mac and iPhone. I spend more then 60 minutes to get that non-working sync-feature to work. It's really frustrating buying a software for €20 that isn't working probably. I'm sure that takes a lot of work, implementing such features. But it's just over-complicated.

I do have exact the same problems like the previous writers.

I hope you guys are able to fix that soon, please. I'm looking forward working and syncing with iCompta as easy as with 1Password for example. And of course syncing should be happen automatically in the background without the need to push "save".

Btw. I'm just curious if the database that iCompta is placing in the Dropbox folder is decrypted?

Thank you very much.

My System:
MBA on Mac OSX 10.9.1
iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.4
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

wobelling wrote:Btw. I'm just curious if the database that iCompta is placing in the Dropbox folder is decrypted?
Yes it's decrypted.
hutchysk8er

Post by hutchysk8er »

Do you have a pre-release version that it would be possible to test? I'm evaluating the trial, looking likely to be switching back to iCompta after a few years away, and would like to test how the sync works. Moving away from Moneywell after the mess it's sync made to my data (on at least 3 occasions).
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

wobelling

Post by wobelling »

Thanks Angeman, is it save to replace a existing iCompta (with working & used database) installation or better not?
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

5.0.4 is going to be out within a few days so you should probably wait because the current version on the iPhone can't sync with the 5.0.4.