Dropbox sync

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
wobelling

Re: Dropbox sync

Post by wobelling »

Alright. Then I'll wait ^^ Thank you for letting us know.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Version 5.0.4 is out.
tenoch

Post by tenoch »

I've downloaded version 5.0.4 on my Mac and I have the last update on my iPad, but this update didn't fix the issue. My iPad Dropbox folder name is Aplicaciones/iCompta (Spanish) and my Mac Dropbox folder is Applications/iCompta (my system is in Spanish, but iCompta is not available in this language).

Please, let me know how to solve this issue. I'm really disappointed with iCompta 5 and I wouldn't buy it again. I've lost a lot of time trying to understand why it didn't sync, before reading this post. My last hopes were with this update and have been broken :(
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

It would have been fixed if you had told me before but anyway it will be fixed in next update then.
tenoch

Post by tenoch »

Angeman wrote:It would have been fixed if you had told me before but anyway it will be fixed in next update then.
What a reply!

Anyway I thought it was a real fix... If you are going to fix every languages combination one by one, good luck!

Do you think 3,59 + 14,99 € is a fair price for an app with one of the main features that doesn't work? I don't.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

tenoch wrote:Anyway I thought it was a real fix... If you are going to fix every languages combination one by one, good luck!
Yes I have no other choice as Dropbox hasn't make an API for OS X but only for iOS.
tenoch wrote:Do you think 3,59 + 14,99 € is a fair price for an app with one of the main features that doesn't work? I don't.
I'm sure that whatever your work is, you do everything perfectly on the first time and it never needs small fixes… But unfortunately I'm not like that, shame on me !
tenoch

Post by tenoch »

Angeman wrote:
Yes I have no other choice as Dropbox hasn't make an API for OS X but only for iOS.
I sync, for example, 1Password with Dropbox without any issue and with no language folders. The app just asks me where my 1Password file is located inside the Dropbox folder.
Angeman wrote:
I'm sure that whatever your work is, you do everything perfectly on the first time and it never needs small fixes… But unfortunately I'm not like that, shame one me !
A lot of things need small fixes, but the main things work: people pay for that. I understand an app can't come out perfect, but I don't think this bug and the way you are replying is acceptable.
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

tenoch wrote:I sync, for example, 1Password with Dropbox without any issue and with no language folders. The app just asks me where my 1Password file is located inside the Dropbox folder.
This is a different situation, 1Password only store all its data in one file that you don't manage. iCompta allows you to create and manage several different documents.
wobelling

Post by wobelling »

Hi Angeman,

so as announced, you'd released a new update. Thank you very much for keep trying and helping fixing features. Unfortl. the iCompta syncing feature still don't work for me too :(

As the previous posts already mentioned ... it's a little bit frustrating spending some money for a software its associated features doesn't work properly. What makes me sad personally is, that the iCompta demo is working well but you're not able to test the syncing feature though. What makes me thinking: "So then ... Demo is working well, let's buy it and sync with iOS." Nope. No sync. I hope you get the point.

But anyway ... iCompta is still a great software and most features work really good and stable. And besides of that ... iCompta 5 looks just beautiful what makes working with it really fun. Just my two cents ;)

Anyway ... I like to keep working with iCompta and I hope that such features like the Sync-Features becomes useable soon.

So my question is: Is there a workaround for using the sync-feature? I'm not sure if I get it right, but the iCompta-Help suggest to replace the iCompta iOS database in "Dropbox/App/iCompta/.." with the iCompta Desktop database located here "Dropbox/Applications/iCompta/.."!?

Thanks for helping!
Cheers
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

The thing is to let Dropbox API included in the iOS version decide of the name of the apps folder. In order to do that, remove all "Applications", "Apps", etc. folders inside Dropbox folder on the Mac (make sure to keep data from other software that might be inside if needed) then push the "Save" button on iCompta on the iPhone / iPad. This will make Dropbox create the apps folder again and it will be create on the Mac as well.
Now you can launch iCompta again on the Mac and it should find the folder created by the iPhone and sync properly.