QIF Import

Discussions about iCompta on macOS
romad

QIF Import

Post by romad »

Is there a way to tell iCompta 6 to use the transaction dates contained IN a QIF rather than changing them to the current date? I use iCompta in parallel with PocketMoney so rather than manually repeating my transaction entries, I export a QIF from PM every few days which I then import into iCompta. However, then I have to go and correct the transaction dates. It would be nice if iCompta just used the dates already in the QIF.

If I ever had to create a new iCompta database, I would probably just stop using iCompta since my PM file has transactions going back to 2001 and having to correct tens of thousands of dates would be a deal breaker!
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Re: QIF Import

Post by Angeman »

That's because you didn't enter the correct date format in the import settings, how are the dates written in the QIF file ?
romad

Post by romad »

QIF: D9/21'18 or D9/21/18

OK, I see that the default iCompta date format for importing is mm/dd/yyyy so I'll change it to mm/dd/yy.
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

romad wrote: 22 September 2018, 19:28D9/21'18
MM/dd''yy
romad wrote: 22 September 2018, 19:28D9/21/18
MM/dd/yy
romad

Post by romad »

Angeman wrote: 22 September 2018, 20:24
romad wrote: 22 September 2018, 19:28D9/21'18
MM/dd''yy
romad wrote: 22 September 2018, 19:28D9/21/18
MM/dd/yy
The first format is from PocketMoney while the second is from Quicken for Mac 2007LC. I've been going PM>Quicken>iCompta. It is good to see I can go direct PM to iCompta by using double apostrophes. Once I use MM/dd''yy will it become the default and stay in that format or will the format have to be changed at each import?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

You have to use 2 different import configurations, one for each date format.
romad

Post by romad »

OK, I have it working. The weird thing is that it wouldn't let me make a second configuration until after I had quit and then relaunched iCompta. I had exported a QIF from PocketMoney then imported it and created a configuration into iCompta. After that was done, I went to Quicken and exported another QIF from it and tried the same thing, but the creation process just froze and wouldn't let me continue until I had relaunched iCompta. Is this normal or did iCompta on my iMac just have a glitch?
Sincerely,
Dennis

Cogito, Ergo Mac
Angeman
Administrateur

Post by Angeman »

Yes it looks like a bug indeed.